Wednesday, November 28, 2007
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g butter - melted and cool
lemon zest (optional, can be replaced by orange zest, chocolate chips etc)
1. Hand whisk the eggs with the sugar.
2. Mix it with the sifted flour and baking powder.
3. Add melted butter and lemon zest.
4. Leave the mixture for a few hours or overnight.
5. Heat oven at 180 degree C.
6. Lightly grease madeleine pan.
7. Put abt 1 to 1 1/4 tablespoons(slightly more than half filled) of batter into Madeleines pan and bake them for 15 or 20 mins depending on the type of oven you have.
8. Once golden or brown, take it out from the oven and cool.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
250g high protein flour
2 tsp instant yeast (use 1/2 packet of mauripan)
1 tsp improver
1 tsp salt
160 ml water
Mix dry ingredients and shortening with low speed till mixture becomes breadcrumbs. Add water gradually and knead till dough soft and elastic. Take out from mixer and round-shape the dough. Cover with damp cloth and let it rise double.
Glaze the baking sheet/pan with shortening. Divide dough into 2 or 3 portions. Round shape them and place them on your baking sheet/pan apart from each other.. Allow dough to rise double in size.
Glaze with eggwash or spray with water and bake in oven at 180 degree Celcius for 20-30 minutes.