Sunday, April 27, 2008
Chiffon Passion Fruit Cheesecake
40g Cream cheese
65g Flour (I've used Cake and Top flour)
4 Large egg yolks
4 Large egg whites
Pinch of salt
1/8 tsp Cream of tartar (I used 1/2 tsp)
1. Preheat oven 170C - 180C.
2. Sift (B) and set aside.
3. Cook (A) over double-boiler until well blended and thickens. Remove from double-boiler and let it cool down.
4. Add (C) into cooled down cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Fold in sifted flour (B) and mix until smooth.
6. Beat egg whites until frothy, add cream of tartar and beat till soft peaks. Add sugar and beat till stiff peaks.
7. Fold 1/2 of the egg whites into cheese mixture, gently with a rubber spatula until just blended.
8. Pour cheese mixture (step 6) into the rest of egg whites, fold it gently with rubber spatula until blended.
9. Put batter into a 9 inch chiffon cake pan, bang the pan on a hard surface to release the bubbles and bake at 170C - 180C for 35 - 40 minutes.
10. When the cake is cooked, remove from oven immediately and then invert the cake to cool. Remove the cake from the cake pan when it is completely cool.
Tips: This is a basic recipe for a Chiffon Cheesecake. I've added 2 no of passion fruit into the batter at the end of step 5.