Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Source: Alex Goh
90g plain flour
360g bread flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 tsp instant yeast
250-260 ml water
10g vegetable shortening (Crisco)
1. Mix (A) till well blended.
2. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
3. Add (C) and knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.( I knead for 20 minutes)
4. Leave it to rise for 45 minutes. ( I let it rise for 1 hour)
5. Divide the dough into 3 pieces, mould them into balls and let them rest for 10 minutes.
6. Flatten the dough and roll them into stick shapes about 30 cm long.
7. Leave them to prove for 30 minutes. ( I proved for 45 minutes)
8. Brush them with water and slash the tops with a sharp knife 3 or 4 times.
9. Bake at 220 degrees for 25 minutes. ( I put a bowl of water in the oven and spray the bread 3 times with water every three minutes).