Wednesday, February 11, 2009
OREOS BUTTER CAKE
Oreos Butter Cake
Source : http://forum.kitchencapers.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9709
250 gm butter
190 gm sugar
5 egg whites
5 egg yolks
250 gm self-raising flour
2 tsp vanilla essence
6 tbs fresh milk
200 gm Oreo Cookies (clear the cream) - crush coursely
Cream from the cookies
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Grease and line a 9x9 or 8x8 inch square cake tin.
2. Beat butter and cream from the cookies till pale and creamy.
3. Add egg yolk one at a time and milk, alternately, making sure eggs and milk are blended in well after every addition.
4. Add vanilla essence and flour. Mix well.
5. In another mixing bowl, whisk egg white and sugar till stiff. Fold into the butter mixture in two addition.
6. Add crushed cookies and fold well.
7. Pour into the baking tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.