This is Amalina's Home Economics Practical Exam dish that she has to do this Tuesday. Let her try out the easy recipe we found somewhere in the net..the theme is Indian Food.
2 cups basmathi rice
3 cups water
2 garlic cloves - pound to a paste
1 cm ginger -pound to a paste
1 bay leaf
1 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
1 big onion - dice
3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables
2 tbs ghee
3/4 tsp salt
Coriander leaves and fried onions for garnishing
1. Wash then soak the basmathi rice for 15-20 minutes...drain.
2. Heat 1 tbs ghee in a wok..add cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, cloves and bay leaf. Fry until fragrant.
3. Add diced onions and fry till soft and brown. Add garlic and ginger...fry till fragrant.
4. Add the rice and mixed vegie and stir fry for 3 minutes.
5. Pour basmathi rice into a rice cooker, add water and salt..stir.
6. Once the rice is cooked, take 1 tbs of ghee and mix well.
7. Serve on a plate and garnish with coriander leaves and fried onions.