Thursday, March 13, 2014
Kuih Lapis ala2 Begawan Solo
480g Tapioca flour
150g Sago flour
35g Mung Bean flour (tepung Hoen kwee]
50g Rice flour
720ml Thick coconut milk ( santan Kara]
3-4 Pandan Leaves, knotted
Food colouring of ur choice
1. Boil sugar with pandan leaves in 1 liter of water until sugar melts. Strain the syrup and dilute with water to make to 1.5 liters
2. Mix all the flour and salt together. Pour coconut milk a little at a time and mix till smooth. Set aside.
3. Pour the syrup from (1) into the flour mixture. Stir constantly till well blended.
4. Divide mixture into 3 portions. Leave one portion uncoloured. Mix each of the other 2 portions with colours of ur choice.
5. Grease a 9″ square baking tin with a little oil. Place the baking tin in a steamer and steam until hot. Pour in the uncoloured mixture (168g) and steam for about 6-8 mins. Repeat another layer with the uncoloured mixture.
6. Repeat step (5) with other coloured batter until all batter is used up. Top layer must be red. Leave the cake to cool at room temeprature for 7-8 hours before cutting.